Make the day special, whether families dine in or eat at home.
Mother’s Day is an important day on the restaurant calendar. Even though spring celebrations are far from normal again this year, your restaurant has a chance to make the occasion special for families looking to treat Mom with dine-in, carryout or delivery meals.
As you should do every year, plan ahead. Consider dining guidelines and preferences in your community—from service limitations to menu preferences—then focus on creating a great experience.
Once your plans are set, announce them through social media, website updates and emails. Reach out to your regulars and ask if you can prepare a dinner to go.
And don’t forget to elevate the experience. People are celebrating a special occasion, so up the indulgence with special dishes, desserts or drinks.
Plan for off-premise options
Optimism is in the air. Dine-in options are starting to return. Patio dining is a possibility. Yet it’s smart to plan for portability right now. Here are three ways to prepare for success:
1. Build a portable menu
- Market ready-to-heat/serve meals
- Offer meal kits as a family activity
- Think brunch, with quiche frittatas and fruit plates
- Create easy appetizers, like dips, cheese platters and seasonal salads
- Craft to-go beverages, such as mimosas or mocktails
2. Wrap up orders early
- Offer an early-order discount to help your planning.
- Encourage advance orders with a free rose for Mom.
3. Make the process simple
- Schedule pickup times to ease the flow for customers and your staff.
- Provide convenience (cloth-like napkins, silver disposables) for easy cleanup.
- Add extras (dressings, butter, jam, etc.) for a great at-home experience.
Make Mother’s Day special
Whether they’re gathered at your tables or in their dining room at home, celebrating Mom calls for culinary pleasure and pampering. Stepping up the elegance with fine dining options will put a smile on everyone’s face.
Try these recipes to make the occasion special:
- Mini Quiches
- Tuna & Broccolini Nicoise
- Potato Puff Waffle and Plant-Based Sausage Benny
- Crispy Crab Cakes & Herb Slaw
- The Mother’s Day Brunch Platter
- Seafood Tower for Two
- Orange Caramel Waffles
Make this occasion one to remember by consulting with your Gordon Food Service Sales Representative for more ideas from our Mother’s Day Guide.