1. Bring a large pot of seasoned, salted water to a full, rolling boil. Gradually add pasta to the boiling water. Stir and return to a full boil. Cook to desired tenderness, stirring frequently. Drain immediately. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Add a small amount of oil to prevent sticking. Mix well. Place in a storage container, cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
2. Bring 4 3/4 L of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Gradually add the cream soup base into the water and whisk until smooth. Add garlic-herb seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place the egg noodles, tuna, flame-roasted corn and black beans, celery, mushrooms and peas in a large stainless-steel mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together carefully to avoid breaking the egg noodles.
4. Divide mixture between two 2” hotel pans. Pour cream soup over the top of the noodles in each pan. Mix together using a rubber spatula. If necessary, adjust the consistency with water. Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the noodle mixture. Place in a heated 148°C [300°F] convection oven. Bake 60 minutes, or until just warmed through and the breadcrumbs are golden-brown.
5. Spread containers out on parchment-lined sheet pans. Scoop 567 g portions into the containers, keeping the breadcrumbs on top. Cover loosely with film wrap. Immediately place the tray on a rack and refrigerate. Let cool completely. Store in a single layer.
Microwave: Remove lid. Cook on regular cycle 8-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
Oven: Remove lid. Place container on a metal sheet pan. Bake in in a heated 148°C [300°F] oven for 30 minutes, or until warmed through.
Search Our Site…