1. Place the sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in a heated 163°C (325°F) convection oven. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
2. To prepare for service, break the eggs into small individual cups. Bring a nonreactive rondeau of salted water to a boil. Add a small amount of white vinegar to the water. Reduce to a simmer. This will help the egg whites coagulate when added to the water.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Slice a sweet potato in half lengthwise. Place on an oiled metal baking pan sliced side up. Place in a heated 177°C (350°F) convection oven, sliced side up. Cook until just warmed through.
2. Slice an andouille sausage lengthwise. Spray a heated, nonstick sauté pan with pan spray. Place the 2 halves in the pan, sliced-side down. Cook on both sides until just warmed through.
3. Slowly pour 2 eggs into the water. Keep them separated. Cook to desired doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon. Allow to drain.
4. Place the 2 potato halves side by side, sliced-side up, in the centre of a warmed serving plate. Place the sausage on top of the potato lengthwise. Ladle 88 ml of Creole sauce over the sausage widthwise. Place the eggs down the centre of the sausage and sauce. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of avocado cream across the top of the eggs and sauce.
5. Stand 3 slices each of radishes on top of each of the two sausages. Shingle 3 slices of jalapeños on top of the eggs. Place a parsley sprig next to both sides of the sweet potato.
Search Our Site…