1. Place the spinach and artichokes in separate colanders. Press out excess liquid. Pat dry with paper toweling. Add onions and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Using a food processor, pulse-chop to a coarse consistency. Transfer to an electric mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment.
2. Add the cornmeal, flour, Parmesan, buttermilk, cream cheese, eggs, baking powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Mix on low speed until blended. Cover and refrigerate. Allow to rest 30 minutes before use.
3. Place 120 ml of the au jus in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Add the cornstarch and whisk until smooth. Place the remaining amount of au jus in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Whisk the cornstarch into the au jus. It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Simmer for 2 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
4. Place the butter in a stainless steel mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment. Whip on high speed until soft. Place in a pastry bag and pipe 42 g of butter into ramekins. Ladle 15 ml of room temperature au jus on top of the butter. Cover with film wrap until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Using an Orchid no. 40 disher, place 7 scoops of hush puppy mixture in a 350°F fryer filled with Gordon Signature Simpli-Fry Frying Oil.
2. Place the beef au jus butter ramekin in the center of a serving plate. Place the hush puppies around the ramekin. Garnish with parsley.
Search Our Site…