1. Place the beets in a colander wash off any excess dirt. Allow to drain and dry with a paper towel.
2. Wrap each beet individually, first in a piece of parchment and then in foil.
3. Roast in a preheated 177°C convection oven for 40-50 minutes or until just cooked through and tender. Allow beets to cool. Peel and discard skin.
4. Thinly slice the beets on a mandoline. Keep slices in consecutive order.
5. Place in a covered storage container in a single layer and refrigerate until needed.
6. Trim the fennel, removing the outer bulb layer and tops. Keep the fronds for garnish.
7. Using a mandoline, shave the fennel in 1/16” slices and reserve in ice water under refrigeration to keep it crunchy.
8. Carefully peel the grapefruit leaving the flesh whole. Slice horizontally into rounds approximately an ⅓ cm thick and reserve.
9. To plate, shingle the beets and grapefruit rondelles in a circle of alternating colours.
10. Garnish the tops of the salad with shaved fennel, pickled red onion and feta crumbles.
11. Make dots of the balsamic glaze surrounding the salad and spoon olive oil over the Ingredients.
12. Finish with salt and pepper.
Fat: 9 g
Sodium: 543 mg
Carbohydrates: 78 g
Protein: 12 g
Search Our Site…