1. Place the bay leaves and octopus in a pot of salted boiling water. Reduce to a simmer. Place a weight on top of the octopus so it will stay immersed while cooking. Cook 1-2 hours. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the octopus.
2. Scoop the octopus from the poaching liquid. Place in a colander and allow to drain. Slice on a bias into 2-3” pieces. Place in a covered storage and refrigerate until needed.
3. Place the potatoes in a pot of salted boiling water. Simmer until they can be pierced with a fork. Drain. Cool under cold water. Drain. Slice the potatoes widthwise into ⅛” thick circles. Place in a covered storage container and refrigerate until needed.
4. Place 100 g each of octopus, potatoes and tomatoes in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Drizzle 30 ml of olive oil over the mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the octopus mixture and potatoes in a heated char-grill or broiler until just warmed through. Place the tomatoes on the grill and cook until just warmed through.
5. Place 30 ml each of the Chardonnay wine and butter and 15 ml of capers in a warmed nonstick saute pan. Bring to a boil. Immediately add 5 ml of chopped parsley and swirl pan.
6. Place the potatoes and tomatoes in the center of a warmed serving plate. Place the octopus on top of the vegetables. Drizzle the caper butter over the octopus.
Search Our Site…