1. Place the eggplant in a stainless steel bowl and season with salt.
2. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 1 hour.
3. Strain away any brine that seeps from the eggplant and place the rounds on a half-size sheet tray lined with a roasting rack.
4. Mix together the cornmeal, flour and cajun seasoning in a stainless steel bowl.
5. Place the buttermilk in a small bowl.
6. One at a time, place the eggplant slices into the buttermilk, coating all surfaces.
7. Place the eggplant into the cornmeal mixture and firmly press down on each side to ensure the breading adheres.
8. Place the eggplant in a fryer basket and fry at 177℃(350°F) for 5 minutes. Place another basket on top to keep the eggplant submerged. When cooked, keep the eggplant in the basket and shake off the excess oil.
9. Melt the butter in a sauté pan and add the garlic and shrimp. Sauté the shrimp to desired doneness and toss with 120 ml of pirogue sauce.
10. Garnish with diced tomato and micro greens.
Search Our Site…