1. Using a boning knife, clean the tenderloin removing cover fat and silver skin.
2. Cut the tenderloin into 4” long pieces by making cuts against the grain or widthwise across into 3 or 4 pieces.
3. Butterfly each portion working against the grain. Do not cut all the way through.
4. One at a time, place one portion in a large ziplock bag and gently pound with a meat mallet to ensure all pieces have the same thickness.
5. Place the flour, egg wash and panko breadcrumbs in separate shallow pans.
6. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Place the pork in the flour to coat, shaking off excess flour. Then place the pork in the egg wash until all surfaces are covered. Finally, place the pork in the breadcrumbs and firmly press down to ensure the breadcrumbs have adhered to the egg wash. Place on a sheet tray lined with parchment and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Deep-fry the pork at 177℃ (350°F) for 2 minutes and 45 seconds for medium. Remove with tongs and place on a quarter-sized sheet tray lined with a roasting rack. Let rest for 2-3 minutes.
2. While the pork is resting, spread the apple butter on one side of each piece of bread.
3. Place the pork on one slice of bread and top with the other slice of bread.
4. Using a chef knife, cut the crust ends off the sandwich, wiping your knife between cuts.
5. Cut the sando into thirds as equal as possible.
6. Flip each piece over exposing the pork.
Search Our Site…