To prepare à la carte:
1. Heat 15 ml of canola oil in a nonstick sauté pan. When the oil begins to smoke, add 114 g of pork belly. Toss over medium-high heat for about 1 minute or until just warmed through and caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the pork from the pan.
2. Add 60 g each of corn and celery to the hot pan. Toss until mixed, caramelized and just warmed through. Add 60gm g of carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place 15ml of canola oil in a second heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add 340 g of basmati rice and 5 ml of adobo seasoning. Toss over medium-high heat for another minute or until just warmed through and mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place 5 ml of canola oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Break 1 egg into the pan. Cook sunny-side to desired doneness.
5. Place a 60 ml ramekin of adobo mayonnaise at the back edge of a warmed serving bowl. Spoon the rice mixture around the ramekin bowl. Top the rice with the pork mixture. Place the egg on top of the rice next to the ramekin. Sprinkle ½ tsp. of scallions over the top of the egg. Place 2-3 sprigs of cilantro next to the left side of the ramekin.
Search Our Site…