Providing an enjoyable eating experience for your customers is crucial to a successful portability program.
Choosing menu items that hold and transport well is essential. Here is an overview of some things that work well and others that don’t.
Follow these simple tips to get execution right:
- Include handling and reheating instructions, plus “best if used by” dates
- Keep cold and hot items separate to maintain ideal temperature
- Supply sauces and garnishes in on the side, in individual containers
- For meal kits, include a detailed list of ingredients, necessary cooking supplies and instructions
- For delivery, pack items in sealable bags to minimize the chance of spilling
- If using a third-party delivery service, place a seal on every order with a warning to customers to report to you if the seal is broken
More on Portability
Check out this additional, helpful information on portability.
About the Opportunity
Guide for Adopting Portability
Selecting a Portability Strategy
We can help
Talk to your Sales Representative about the experts who can help you determine which of your menu items would work for portability.