1. Place the lentils in a pot of simmering salted water. Cook 12 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite. Place in a fine mesh strainer. Rinse under cold water. Allow to drain. Spread out in a thin layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan uncovered. Allow to dry.
2. In batches, place the lentils in a dry fine mesh strainer. Place in a heated 177°C (350°F) deep-fryer. Cook for about 45 seconds or until crispy. Place on paper toweling. Allow to drain. Place in a storage container. Cover until needed.
3. Place 1.06 L of cilantro chutney in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk 322 ml of olive oil into the chutney. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. Whisk together before each use.
4. Pat the shrimp dry with paper toweling. Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Sprinkle paprika and turmeric over the top of the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together using a rubber spatula. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add 7 shrimp to the pan. Sauté until just cooked through.
2. Place 112 g of greens and herbs in a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl. Drizzle 44 ml of cilantro chutney over the top of the greens. Season with salt and pepper. Toss together until blended.
3. Mound the greens on a chilled salad bowl or plate. Place 17 g of tomatoes and 14 of radishes on the top centre of the greens. Sprinkle 28 g of crispy lentils over the top of the salad. Going around the base of the salad, stand the shrimp with the tails up.
Search Our Site…