1. Place the falafel mix and water in a stainless steel bowl. Mix thoroughly. Let rest 30 minutes before use.
2. Slice the pomegranate in half and immerse in a bowl filled with cold water. Turn the skin inside out. The seeds will sink to the bottom and the membrane will float to the top. Discard the membrane. Pour the seeds into a fine mesh strainer and drain. Place in a covered storage container and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Using an orchid disher, place 3 scoops of falafel mix in a heated 177℃ (350°F) fryer. Deep-fry for 4½ minutes. Place on paper towel and allow to drain.
2. Place 113 g of sausage in a heated nonstick pan. Add 28 g each of the peppers and onions. Toss over medium heat until tender.
3. Spray both sides of the paratha bread with cooking spray. Grill on a flat griddle. Slice into quarters.
4. Place 3 oz. of hummus on a serving plate. Sprinkle with ⅛ tsp. of sumac powder. Add the falafel. Garnish with 1 Tbsp. of pomegranate seeds and 5 ml of parsley.
Search Our Site…