1. Place the apples in a colander and allow to drain. Place the raisins in a sauce pot. Add just enough water to cover the raisins. Bring to a boil. Simmer 1 minute. Drain and allow to cool.
2. Place the raisins, apples, 340 g. of brown sugar, 70 g. of flour, water, 340 g. of melted butter, cinnamon and vanilla in a separate stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix together using a rubber spatula.
3. Place 170 g. of the apple mixture in an 227 g. mini iron skillet or a shallow 227 g. baking dish.
4. For the topping. Place oatmeal, 213 g. of flour, pecans, 340 g. of melted butter, 340 g. of brown sugar and baking powder and baking soda to a stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix together using a rubber spatula.
5. Mound 85 g. of topping on the apples up to the edge of the skillet. Place the skillets on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in a 177°C (350°F) convection oven up to 15 minutes or until just warmed through and the topping is golden-brown and crunchy.
To prepare à la carte:
To reheat, place in a 177°C (350°F) convection oven until just warmed through. Sprinkle ½ tsp. of powdered sugar on top of the topping. Place on an under liner to serve.
Search Our Site…